A Weighty Post
I weighed myself this morning, for the first time in like 2 months. I have somehow not only maintained a 5 lb weight loss, but I lost an additional 3lbs. WHAT?! I haven’t been to the gym in over a month? And I’ve been working long hours and not eating very well. I have two explanations for this:
- Maybe I have been eating better than I thought and kept active with the dog.
- I have lost muscle mass due to the lack of weight lifting.
I’m inclined to believe the second one. I don’t feel huge, just jiggly.
WELL LET’S FIX THAT!
Since I have way too many hours from working last week and not much to do this week, I decided to take the morning off and go back to the gym. Of course I got called in few about an hour to finish something, so my time was cut short. Here’s my quick 30 minute weight lifting routine this morning:
- Push, press, fly with cables, 12.5lbs per arm (dang that was heavy!), 12X
- Plank for 1 min (could only make it 45 seconds)
- Squat, bicep curl, shoulder press, 10 lbs each hand. 12X
- Airplane with cables, 12.5 lbs per arm, 12X
- Tricep pull down with rope, 30 lbs, 15X
- Burpees, 12X
- Bicycle crunches, 20X each side
- Leg lifts, 15X
- Medicine ball crunches, 4k ball, 20X
- Repeat 1-2 times
I could only do it twice due to my lack of time, and my muscle deterioration. Dang I’ve lost a lot of strength! Must get back to the gym!!
And with that we are off on a romantic weekend! Guess where we’re going!?! Have a great weekend (especially if it’s 3 days due to Columbus Day).